How do I import a large number of photos into a client gallery for Tristan and Gavin?
Best Practices for importing images:
- Import no more the 40-50 images at a time.
- Keep your total number of images in any one gallery to about 200. You can load more, but 200 provides a good balance between a large gallery and easier loading times.
- For Tristan, 11 folders or galleries fit in each client proofing section; twelve will usually run off the screen.
Can I load more then 100 images at a time?
It is possible to load more then 100 images at a time, but system limitations can prevent this. For example, if you import more then 100 images at a time while watching a RAM usage monitor, you will see the meter tick down and lock up when it hits zero. For this reason we suggest that you import no more then 40-50 images at time until you get to the number you want in each gallery. You are not limited by the editor itself but also by:
- The Adobe Flash application and what it is able to support.
- The amount of memory available on your computer.
- The speed of your computer.
- Where the images you are importing are located – local drive or an external drive.
- Your biggest limitation will be whether or not you are using a Windows computer — more than 100-150 files in a folder can make importing the images even slower
Any combination of the above factors may make it difficult to impossible for your computer to import more then 40-50 images at any one time given the number of megabytes of data you are trying to import.
Images, if named contiguously, i.e., 001, 002, 003, 004, 005 …010 … 100 … 200, etc., etc., will import in the correct order. Importing them in smaller batches will still preserve your image order.